Sunday, February 27, 2011

I Dyed My Hair... AGAIN

So I actually dyed my hair last week... But I've been busy and I haven't had the time to write about it until now.

Let's start with the beginning...
For the past 2~3 years (maybe even more than that?), I've been dying my hair with a Korean brand product called 곷을 든 남자's CS Ink Color Cream. And I've always colored it wit the CN7 color, or cappuccino brown. And frankly, I LOVED THIS COLOR. My hair always came out as expected and even though the ends got a little bright because of the effects of the sun and what-not, I still loved it.
I'm in the middle with my old hair color. Looks lighter here than usual.

CN7 - Cappuccino Brown I loved this color.


Btw. I dye my hair myself. I'm a cheap poo and I still get the color I want. I don't want to go to a hair salon and spend $100+ just to color my hair professionally. I do it just as well. I do my roots just as well too. I mean.... I would like to try it out one day, but I'll save it for when I go extreme, like light orange or blonde hehe.

But as time went by, I started to get bored with it. College life was eating up my time so my hair looked gross as roots were getting more noticeable.... And I just wanted to do something new.

I WANTED RED WINE HAIR!!
I mean, this hair color got really popular in Korea after Gain became really noticed from the show 'We Got Married"/"우리결혼했어요". And she even got a hair color named after her~

I LOVE HER HAIR COLOR. And that guy has the color too. He's cute too muah!

Here's the lovely Kkap couple with their couple hair color. I LOVE THE COLOR.

Hehehe Jokwon and Gain.. Good times. Her hair was redder then.


Ok I'm just looking at pictures of them <3 They're SO CUTE!

I saw this reddish hair color constantly and I just NEEDED IT. And it was still winter season, so this color would fit in perfectly~~

So in the middle of December, I went to H-Mart to buy my hair dye. But the problem was, they didn't have the exact color I wanted... Not only that, they didn't have any reddish color with the CS Ink Color Cream either.... Because I live in the states I had to settle for something not as good and got this Cherry Red color, R8, by 곷을 든 남자's Clinic....

Not sexy lady. And the hair color on the box is just. SOOO RED in a weird, unnatural way...

It took me about an hour to finish up. And you know what the outcome was?


NOTHING CHANGED.
You could still see my roots and the brownish hair I've always had!! There was only a tint of red in the light. BUT THAT WAS IT?!?! Even thought the instructions say to leave the product on for at most 30 minutes, I always do it for an hour because experience tells me that 30 minutes does nothing. Yeah it may damage your hair, but if you're careful it should be okay and you'd look great.

But no. It failed on me. For the first time.

So I got pissed. Really pissed. And did something that I thought I'd NEVER HAVE TO DO IN MY LIFE.

I decided to dye my hair again JUST TWO DAYS AFTER.. WITH A NON-ASIAN PRODUCT. I don't know it's just that... Non-Asain hair dye with thick Asian hair? And I just know that Asian hair products are just better for Asian hair. Do you get me?!?!

So I went to get Garnier's Black Cherry hair dye. The only good thing about it was that this was A LITTLE closer to the hair color I wanted, but more purple. But I was okay with it because it wasn't going to come out exactly like the box showed.

Looks so purple. It's not even close to Gain's hair color lol. But I just knew it would turn out different...


And I was right. It didn't come out the same as the box showed. It came out BLACK........
FAIL AGAIN. But in the sunlight, I could see traces of a reddish-purple color, so there was still hope.

Sunlight always makes your hair lighter. So I was just hoping that when my hair got lighter, it would be reddish and not so much dark purple. And THANK GOD IT DID. About 2~3 weeks after, my hair came out a really pretty dark-red/purple color. Yeah it wasn't exactly what I wanted like the pictures, but I already tried 2 times. I had enough lol. And in the end my hair was a different color!!

Ok I don't have any good pictures of my hair. Just this one when I was chetting with JeeroKet, my sis on Valentine's Day. You can't even see the color, it looks really dark. BUT IT REALLY WASN'T!


.......

But more trouble came.

A month later, The color started to fade REAL FAST. Stupid non-Asian hair dye.... It faded so much that it looked BACK TO MY ORIGINAL HAIR COLOR at the ends and slowly up to my head...

And of course I got mad again and decided to DYE MY HAIR AGAIN. Last week. With the same Korean brand that failed on me the first time. But I learned from that after 1.5 hours of waiting, my hair finally came out okay. But again, for some reason, it's fading pretty quickly.

But I like it. I actually really like it. Now it looks more reddish-dark brown. Sometimes it looks reddish, but usually reddish brown and it's kinda a sexy, new color. I like it.

I look stupid but you can kind of see how it's a bit reddish and dark brown at the same time. I like it a lot hehe

Ok, I don't have that many pictures yet with my new hair color. Only the one before and webcam pics that I took today with Jeero lol. It's darker here obviously, but it's definitely different than black and brown 


CONCLUSION: RED HAIR IS JUST TOO HARD TO GET AND MAINTAIN. DON'T DO IT YOURSELF. IF YOU WANT RED-WINE HAIR, GET IT DONE IN KOREA WHERE THEY REALLY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING.


BUT in the very near future, I'm just going to bye my hair something really different. Like light brown, light orange, or MAYBE EVEN BLONDE?!?!?!

Spring and Summer is coming up, so I KNOW THERE ARE GOING TO BE CHANGES!! Let's see what color I'll go for until then :)

GDRAGON ORANGE IS BEAUTIFUL


Hyunah's blonde... hmm I can actually picture myself with this hair...

AND I JUST HAVE TO INCLUDE ONE MORE PIC OF THE KKAP COUPLE!

LOOK HOW DAMN CUTE THEY LOOK!!!

THIS IS WHY I DON'T WANT TO BE SINGLE!!!!!!!!!!


3 comments:

  1. MANJSFDABFOJASFBODUSH!

    remember i was talking about katosun's red hair? do you remember the beautifulness? i wanted to dye my hair red too since back then, but i didn't, because since my hair is uber long and huge maybe it would stand out too much and I would look like a nalari. so i just made it brown. do you remember me telling all this too you? hehehehe

    but like you said, korea is pro at hair dye and i was thinking about dying it red before i move. i'm def gonna die at a hair salon before i move, but still not sure about the color. im glad you like your current hair color :D i'll mention in the future when i dye my hair again. not anytime soon, probably going to be like a day before i move haha. but yay! it's nice to see youre alive and well :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. me likes gd's picture. he had a pretty red color :) and why dont u ask simmie to send you hair dye? hahaha isn't your hair like dead? since i saw you yesterday it doesn't look as bad as like... michelle phan. amazal

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete